a date that is forever etched in my mind and heart; along with 3.22.
I was 20 the first time it happened, and 30 the second time; losing best friends in car accidents.
Today, in honor of my sweet friend Amy Myers, 10 things I loved about her and the friend she was …
- Becoming a “SIR” … Jennifer and Amy took me in as a 3rd sister and truly were and are like sisters to me. “SIR” is derived from “soeur”; meaning “sister” in French; they had their own adaptation and let me in on their sisterhood.
- The endless laughs of Amy turning to a stranger and asking “Who are you?” and turning back around laughing out loud at their blank/shocked stare.
- Giants and Little People
- BAAAASSSSTTTT – and sore throats from yelling with the other Beasts.
- Amy-isms …. Bronco’s, “What’s your news?”, being gathered, “I’m SWEET”, & “Get your ‘dawgs up!”
- Afternoons turned into evenings spent on a patio visiting over cocktails; times I would give anything to have back
- When Amy saw the real me and declared “I always thought you were sweet, but you’re NOT! You’re FUN!”
- A Texas wall map I got for Amy to track our random road trips to small towns across Texas
- Late night pranks
- Amy being a sister in Christ; a dear friend who left a legacy of faith. And, God who has tested my faith through heartbreak and loss, but gently reminds me through my sadness that I will be reunited with my SIR when He calls me home. Oh, what a joyful day that will be!
Missing my SIR,